Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy is used to treat behaviors of social significance. Whether your child has a formal diagnosis or behaviors of concern, we are here to help.
Welcome to Anchors Aweigh ABA, LLC!
We look forward to working with you and your family. At Anchors Aweigh, we pride ourselves on providing high quality Applied Behavior Analytic services. Anchors Aweigh was founded by two Master’s Level Board Certified Behavior Analysts who have each been practicing Applied Behavior Analysis since August of 2009. We provide in home, community, and school-based ABA services, and ensure we tailor each client’s program to you and your family’s needs. We currently employ 2 Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) and 3 Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs).
All initial intake appointments will consist of a records review as well as a 2 hour assessment of your child. The results of this assessment will guide our treatment decisions regarding your child’s treatment plan. This assessment will also help us determine the number of hours of ABA services that we will recommend for your child. The results of the assessment will be reviewed with you prior to initiating direct therapy.
Treatment plans and ABA therapy will consist of one on one services to address skills of concern. Our focus is to increase desirable behaviors while simultaneously decreasing problem behaviors. Additionally, we provide caregiver and parent training which will be an integral part of each client’s treatment plan.
Our Treatment Plans Focus on Teaching the Following Skills:
- Adaptive Living Skills
- Hygiene skills, vocational skills, basic chores, health and safety skills, desensitization to aversive environmental events (e.g. haircuts, toothbrushing, and more)
- Behavior Reduction
- Delay Denial Tolerance Training
- Teaching Waiting, How to Tolerate Being Told No, Accepting Change, Tolerating Transitions
- Feeding Therapy
- Acceptance of new foods, reduction of problem behavior at mealtimes, utilizing utensils. We can also assist in teaching pill swallowing and medications.
- Functional Communication Training
- Teaching requests for preferred items and activities, breaks, and to request attention appropriately.
- Sleep Training
- Reducing night wakening and interferring bedtime behavior, establishing routines, and establishing new sleep dependencies.
- Toilet Training* 3 day intensive training available
- Teaching Play and Social Skills
- Verbal Behavior
- Requesting, Labeling, Following Directions, and Vocal Imitation
Problem Behaviors Treated
Problem Behaviors Treated Include:
- Aggression to Others
- Aggression to Property
- Food Selectivity
- Self-Injurious Behavior
- Toileting Refusal, and more!